Friday, April 1, 2011

Here’s to another backward HS drama.

Its 12:19 am. Which means its officially April 1st. Which also means today is prom.

And my emotions are mixed on this particular subject.

People have told me to go to prom because if I miss my senior prom I will regret it… So, what do I do? Well of course, I get a date and make plans. I was thinking about this today and why am I doing this?

Sadly enough, I’m doing this because its socially acceptable. People don’t want to have regrets, it’s the simple truth. So, when you hear other people’s regrets you don’t let yourself make the same mistake. I dislike regrets as much as the next person so of course I’m going to prom. But now I’m thinking what if I regret going? I’d only regret going because I knew I was going so I wouldn’t regret it. Make sense?

 

OR am I just thinking too much about it?

 

Nah, I’m pretty sure I’m thinking too much about it. I’ve had two dreams about what could go wrong with prom neither of which are realistic situations assuming my date isn’t a cannibal and our restaurant doesn’t serve dog.  

 

The truth is social standards make me so mad! I don’t want to be part of them yet they are impossible to escape especially at my age in my environment.

Really, I think too hard. And I have ADD because I started this blog like an hour ago and have taken several detours, facebook stops, and youtube breaks for the sake of not having to think about prom!

I’ll update you guys tomorrow. maybe. night

Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment