Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I <3 Sunburn?!?

There is something completely enjoyable about a sunburn. No, really. They remind me of being care-fee. Today I got the first sunburn I’ve had in a very long time… and it feels good! Think about, was there ever a time where you got a sunburn and didn’t have a good time getting it? Swimming, vacationing, hiking, all worth the semi permanent sun damage.

My brother and I took the four wheelers out today, and mind you it was my first time. I am the cautious one and he has had like a billion trips to the ER. Interesting combo, we make. He’s flying off of jumps and I’m like yelling “brother, this is scary, go slower, I don’t like going down steep hills!” but it was fun, I loved it!

My parents are funny, its like they don’t believe I like enjoyable things. My interests include the news, debating, reading, coffee dates (according to my family). So whenever anything concerning adrenaline and/or risk catches my attentions my house freaks out a little bit. But I like to keep them on there toes, they never know what is around the corner for me. I have to outdo myself every time, so any ideas… hit me up.

But tonight as I sit with my eyes still stinging from all of the dirt that managed to get around my extra large lensed sunglasses and shiny pink face, I think about all of the times where I should have taken a risk. Some of these times I did came too late, but that is just Kara. Always maybe a little too cautious. I do think the world does need a few Kara’s though. If everybody operated like my brother, we would have a huge mess on our hands.

Safe is good, safe in comfortable. I haven’t a problem with safe, but that feeling of your heart picking up pace and blood thickening, the pressure. It’s some times needed!

4 wheeling 010

No comments:

Post a Comment