Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Pieces Are Fitting Together Nicely

It' is 11 o’clock and I should be reading… or maybe sleeping?

But I don’t think I can.

These past two weeks I’ve been hatin’ on senior year and today, it all changed. Why? I am not sure, but I’m very, very excited about things. I’ve worked for a long time to get to the places I am, and maybe to a lot of people it’s not anywhere but I’m proud of myself. I’m in positions where I’m in charge, where I have a lot on my shoulders. Later on, I will complain about the stress but to me, it is all worth it.

DSCN0121During the summer, after my night shifts at the lake I would go to Liberty Point and I could see the lights from the campground and I knew that somebody in that campground was happy because of me. Now, that sounds so egotistical, right? but I’m serious. That’s sort of the feeling I have now. Like I’m doing things that matter to a lot of people, that matter to me. Best feeling ever.

I’ve never been told I couldn’t do something. I think this is all due to the fact that I would prove that person wrong in a relatively short amount of time, but I’m definitely doing things I didn’t imagine I’d be doing.

I also feel like the relationships that are most important to me are getting so much better. (well most of them) but I’m so proud of my brother these days. I’ve been supportive to the people that mean a lot to me. I’ve found people that I don’t want out of my life and I’m doing my best to keep them here. Other relationship(s) I feel are receding but it’ll all work out, right? Well, let’s hope.

My mom has been awesome lately. We’re currently making plans for fall and going and visiting a couple of colleges. It’s a good thing I always made my parents proud because none of this would be happening otherwise.

It’s a good life. It’s my life. And it’s fabulous!

<3 Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment